Submission Deadline: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
The Department of Art & Art History invites current Stanford undergraduate students of all majors, including graduating seniors, to submit their works of art for our Sixth Annual Undergraduate Juried Exhibition to be mounted in the Stanford Art Gallery in the fall of 2019. This is an exciting chance to show work in our flagship gallery on campus.
Present to an esteemed jury. Have your work seen by thousands of visitors. Learn valuable exhibiting skills
Deadline: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Exhibition: October 1–December 1, 2019
Artwork will be installed by participating artists with the aid of our professional staff during the first week of classes at the end of September. Our jury, made up of department faculty and esteemed curators from the Bay Area art community, will select works to be included in the exhibition.
Questions: Contact Exhibitions Manager Gabriel Harrison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any medium/format of work will be considered including: painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, works on paper, sculpture, ceramics, installation art, digital media, video and performance. There are no size restrictions.
Students are strongly encouraged to visit the Stanford Art Gallery (re-opening May 14) prior to submitting their proposals in order to review the space and determine the feasibility of any large-scale works.
Online entry form: https://stanfordart.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/48468
Preparing support documents:
- Students are invited to submit up to three (3) of their best works by uploading images onto the entry form.
- Still Images: JPEG/JPG; the longest side should be 1920 pixels at 72 DPI; 3MB max
- Video: Quicktime (.Mov) H.264 compression acceptable
- File names should be formatted: lastname_firstname_number.jpg.
- In the description box, please also include the title and year for each image along with medium, and installation details, where applicable, and an artist statement with brief bio.
The Department of Art & Art History reserves the right to disqualify support materials not prepared to these specifications or any submissions which are incomplete. We will only accept digital images and video of the work for the selection process.